Live transfer discussion – Xavi asks Gerard Pique to leave Barcelona, ​​appoints Jules Conde

The summer transfer window is approaching, and there is a lot of gossip swirling around who is moving in. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumors, comings and goings, and of course, expired deals!

Top story: Xavi tells Pique that his time with Barcelona is over

He reportedly met Xavi Hernandez Gerrard Pique He told the central defender that he will not be called up at Barcelona next season, according to a report by Diario Sport.

While the manager does not question Pique’s ability, he cited physical problems and unprofessional behavior as reasons for the decision, the report says. The main issue is that Xavi says that Pique is not focused on football due to his multiple business and off-field controversies.

Pique has reportedly been told that the best solution would be to leave with as much dignity as possible, which would include giving up a large sum of around 40 million euros that clubs owed him.

Despite being told he wouldn’t get many minutes, Pique reportedly refused to accept it and insisted he would train more than ever, a plan that includes abandoning his commitments outside football.

The Diario Sport report also mentioned that Xavi is seeing Seville Jules Conde As the man who will come and play in the heart of the defense, which was also mentioned by the channel. Chelsea are also interested in the Frenchman, whose contract could reach 60 million euros, but the hope is that Barcelona can afford it when they lower their salary bill.

despite of Andreas Christensen coming and Eric Garcia Xavi is also on the team, reportedly dreaming of a partnership consisting of Conde and Ronald Araujo.

– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup and more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant pass

live blog

08.00 GMT: Harry Kane said additions from Erling Haaland And the Darwin Nunez Joining the Premier League will motivate him to become a better player next season.

Manchester City officially announced the signing of Haaland from Borussia Dortmund worth 60 million euros on Monday, a few hours after Benfica announced an agreement with Liverpool to sign Nunez.

Kane had wanted to leave Spurs last summer to join eventual Premier League champions City, but Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy rejected all interest from Pep Guardiola’s side, who opted not to match Spurs’ £150m (€175m) valuation. The 28-year-old is now expected to remain in north London as head coach Antonio Conte aims to turn Tottenham into a Premier League title contender.

Kane won the Golden Boot as the league’s top scorer in three of the past seven years, but he finished last season behind fellow Tottenham Hotspur Heung-Min Son, who tied with Mohamed Salah to win the award with 23 goals.

Asked on Monday whether Haaland and Nunez’s arrival in England would make it difficult for them to top the scorers list, Kane told a news conference: “The battle for the Golden Boot is always tough. The Premier League has produced some outstanding strikers from all over the world. A number of years so far.

“You would expect the top strikers to want to play in the Premier League and with these two new signings, that will be the case. It helps me. It helps me as a player to have a good competition, and that drives me to improve and get better. So for sure I am looking forward to the challenge.”

“I try to focus on myself at the beginning. In any season, I have things I want to achieve and goals I want to reach. I try not to focus too much on other players in this aspect.

“I can’t control what they’re doing but what I’m going to do is keep working hard and improve and after this game have a good break. But then I’m looking forward to what it’s going to be before the tough season, I’m sure, ready for the new season like I’ve done for the past seven or eight years until right Now “.

paper chatter

– RB Leipzig sets a price of £100m Christopher NkunkoServices While they aim to keep the Frenchman, according to The Independent, which adds that the 24-year-old wants to stay in place for another season. This comes as Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain are looking to sign him this summer.

– Along with Kalidou Koulibaly, Juventus hope to sign Fabian Ruiz From Naples this summer, according to Tuttosport. Both the defender and the midfielder have contracts that expire in the summer of 2023, although the Spanish player’s transfer in this transfer window may depend on whether or not it is. Arthur He leaves, after being frustrated I am the Bianconeri.

– with Marcos Alonso Being closely linked with a move to Barcelona, ​​The Sun reports that Chelsea are considering a move to the Wolverhampton Wanderers full-back. Ryan Ait Nouri. It is known that he will be able to provide good competition and cover Ben ChilwellWho missed the 2021-22 season for a long time due to a cruciate ligament injury.

– After locking back Alexandre LacazetteOlympique Lyonnais are now looking to bring in Corentin Tolisso Returning from Bayern Munich, FootMercato reports that things are progressing positively. The midfielder is willing to listen to Lyon’s proposals and could be tempted despite European football’s absence from Ligue 1’s squad next season.

– AZ Alkmaar’s Owen Wijndal It is Juventus’ priority in its search for a left-back in the summer transfer window, according to Calciomercato, who also mentioned the Udinese player. Udogie’s fate and Hoffenheim David Raum as options. Eredivisie does not want to cut its value below 15 million euros, while Juventus have so far offered just over 10 million euros with add-ons included.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.