Rafa Nadal confirms huge rumor after speculation

Rafael Nadal has confirmed that he and his wife, Xisca Perello, are expecting their first child. Images: Getty Images

Rafael Nadal Confirmed that he and his wife, Xisca Perello, are having their first childIn addition, he will play Wimbledon this year after fears that he may not regain fitness after the French Open.

Rumors have been circulating for several weeks that the Australian and French Open champion and Pirello were expecting their first child.

Huge development: Nadal and Djokovic in Wimbledon surprise boost

moving on: Serena Williams’ disastrous act after splitting from coach

Spanish gossip magazine reported last week that Pirillo was pregnant Or not!, Nadal confirmed the happy news to the couple at a press conference on Friday.

The grand slam champion, a 22-time winner in the past, has said starting a family will come after his retirement, fueling speculation that this could be the 36-year-old’s final season on the tour.

When speaking to the press on Friday, Nadal asked for privacy when it came to him and the Xisca family.

“If all goes well, I’ll be a father. I’m not used to talking about my private life. We live more peacefully with less image. I don’t expect my life will change much with her,” he said.

Pirello was reportedly seen wearing loose-fitting clothes with her husband in the Champions League final between Liverpool and Real Madrid, as well as during the final rounds of Nadal’s victory in the French Open.

She was also reportedly seen with a noticeable bump on her baby while on vacation with Nadal on their yacht in Mallorca this week.

On Nadal’s other happy news for tennis fans, he said the progression in his chronically painful left foot has been positive in the weeks following the Roland Garros tournament.

After ordering an unspecified number of analgesic injections during the French Open, Nadal later admitted that his foot was nearly numb during the final against Capser Road.

Rafael Nadal optimistic about Wimbledon chances after injury fears

Nadal said his intention was to play at Wimbledon, but he will have to wait to see how he felt when he arrived in London.

“My intention is to play Wimbledon, but it all depends on what happens to my body next week,” Nadal said.

“I haven’t been in any pain for a week and I’ve been training, so he tells me there might be a chance to play in the tournament.”

After missing Wimbledon last year through injury and in 2020 thanks to the tournament being cancelled, the two-time winner appears eager to get back to the grasscourt.

He last reached the Wimbledon final 11 years ago, when he finished second behind Novak Djokovic.

Rafael Nadal is confident he is back in shape in time to play at Wimbledon this year.  (Photo by Andy Cheung/Getty Images)

Rafael Nadal is confident he is back in shape in time to play at Wimbledon this year. (Photo by Andy Cheung/Getty Images)

“I haven’t played on grass for three years and I have to adapt,” Nadal said. “Every day I’m recovering and feeling better. I have a week before playing and I have to test myself little by little.”

“Progress in the first rounds is critical. If you advance, you increase speed to reach the end. You have to survive whatever happens.”

Crucially, Nadal said the worst of the pains he had at the French Open had subsided.

“I’m happy, I haven’t been lame in a week,” said Nadal, who won Wimbledon in 2008 and 2010, in Mallorca.

“I’ve noticed changes with the treatment, and I still get weird sensations, sometimes I don’t feel my feet, but the pain that didn’t allow me to support my weight on my feet has subsided.”

with AAP

click here Sign up for our newsletter for the latest breaking news from Australia and around the world.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.