Cherry pie is both beautiful and delicious. Indeed, it has everything to please! Thanks to Christophe Felder’s soft shortcrust pastry, your tart will make hearts and taste buds capsize, so let yourself be tempted!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 700g cherries
- 30g ground almonds
- 20g brown sugar
1. First, make your ultra soft shortcrust pastry from Christophe Felder . You can follow this recipe if you want.
2. Then rinse and cut the cherries in half before pitting them.
3. Darken your shortcrust pastry in a pie pan, prick it with a fork, then spread the almond powder in the bottom. This way, your dough won’t be soggy from the cherry juice.
4. Arrange the cherries on your pie shell and sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35 to 40 minutes depending on the power of your oven. Watch throughout cooking that the dough is not overcooked.
Allow your pie to cool to room temperature before serving. You can even accompany it with a delicious scoop of vanilla ice cream!