English Muffins are round buns cooked in a pan and tasted in a sweet or savory version. They are often served at brunch and garnished with an egg and bacon for example. Soft and light, they will delight your taste buds on all occasions!
- 600g flour
- 30 cl of milk at room temperature
- 10g dehydrated yeast
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 30g soft butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- Fine durum wheat semolina (for shaping)
1. In your measuring cup, pour the milk, then add the yeast and the sugar before mixing. Leave aside.
2. Meanwhile, in the bowl of your food processor or by hand, mix the flour with the butter and salt until the butter is transformed into coarse sand in the flour.
3. Pour the milk into the flour mixture and knead for 10 minutes. A ball should then form.
4. Brush it with olive oil to prevent it from drying out, cover your bowl with a kitchen towel and let your dough rest for 2 hours in a warm place away from drafts.
5. When the time is up, divide your dough into dough pieces of about 90 grams each, then form a ball by folding the edges towards the center.
6. On a plate or on your work surface, spread the fine semolina. Then lightly crush your dough in the palms of your hands, then coat it with fine semolina. Do the same with each piece of dough and arrange them as you go on a separate plate.
7. Cover everything with a kitchen towel and let rise again for 45 minutes.
8. Preheat your pan, lightly oil it and cook your English muffins for 5 minutes on each side, covered. Book them on a plate and serve them for breakfast!
You can make egg muffins with English muffins!