The cake is a pastry often eaten at tea time or during dessert. It can come in different flavors, and today, it’s the plum cake that we’re going to make together and taste! This pretty fruit will bring a sweet and tangy touch that we love. Let’s go !
- 10 plums
- 160g flour
- 2 eggs
- 120g caster sugar
- 15 cl of milk
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 packet of dry yeast
Preheat your oven to 180°C.
1. First, separate the white from the yolks, then whisk the yolks with the powdered sugar until the mixture whitens and doubles in volume.
2. Add the flour and baking powder before pouring in the milk and melted butter. Mix.
3. Now whip the egg whites and gently fold them into the previous preparation. Pour your mixture into a buttered and floured cake mold (or lined with baking paper).
4. Rinse the plums, cut them in half and remove the pits. Then insert them into the dough randomly (a little at the bottom and on top).
5. Bake for about 30 minutes. Insert the tip of a knife: if it comes out dry, then your cake is ready!
Enjoy your plum cake when it has completely cooled.