The rustic tomato and zucchini tart is a recipe that smells like summer! Not only is it delicious, but it also offers a light meal. Here, we offer you a recipe for shortcrust pastry with olive oil for a fully sunny pie!
Shortcrust pastry with olive oil
- 250g T55 flour
- 4 cl of olive oil
- 1 egg
- 3 to 4 tbsp. tablespoon cold water
- A pinch of salt
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 50 g of cheese (mozzarella, blue cheese, parmesan, etc.)
- 3 tbsp. pesto _ (or fresh cream)
- A little breadcrumbs
1. To start, make the shortcrust pastry. In a salad bowl or the bowl of a food processor, place the flour and salt. Form a well and add the egg and the oil.
2. Stir using the hook so that the ball begins to form. Then add the water little by little while mixing. The dough will then form. This must be very smooth.
3. Flatten slightly then wrap it in film before refrigerating it.
4. Meanwhile, peel and slice the courgettes. Also slice the tomatoes.
5. Preheat your oven to 190°C.
6. On your very lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to form a disk between about 23 and 26 centimeters. Then place it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
7. Spread the pesto or fresh cream in the center, leaving about 4 centimeters on the edges. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, then stagger the zucchini and tomatoes. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
8. Fold the edges over the vegetables and brush them with olive oil before baking for 30 minutes.
Your rustic zucchini and tomato pie is ready to be enjoyed!