The fluffy banana bread with walnuts, hazelnuts and cinnamon is a must if you want to use up your overripe bananas! This fruit cooks well in baking and gives a particularly soft texture to your cakes. Originally from the United States, this banana bread is one of the quick and easy recipes to make for a snack!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 180g flour
- 50 g walnuts
- 80g unsalted soft butter
- 160g brown sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 10 cl of milk (fermented if possible)
- 1 tbsp. yeast
- Half a c. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon _
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Start by mash 2 bananas with a fork and keep the last one for decoration.
3. Mix the soft butter with the sugar to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then add the eggs and stir.
4. Add the mashed bananas to the previous mixture, then pour in the milk little by little while stirring.
5. In a second bowl, mix the dry ingredients, namely flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Incorporate this mixture into the first bowl, then add the crushed walnuts and hazelnuts.
6. Butter and flour your mold, lay out the dough and cut your last banana in half lengthwise. Lay it flat side up, on top of your dough. Finally, bake for 45 minutes.
You can freeze a few slices of your fluffy banana bread if you like!