The mille-feuille is a staple of French pastry. Puff pastry is best if you make it yourself, but you can also opt for a store-bought all-butter pastry. Strawberries bring a real asset to this dessert. Indeed, they offer a little freshness and texture in the mouth! Take your courage in both hands and start making this delicious strawberry mille-feuille.
- 1 pure butter puff pastry
- 200g egg yolks
- 2 vanilla pods
- 200g caster sugar
- 90g cornstarch
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 500g strawberries
1. If you make your own puff pastry, you can follow this recipe .
2. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper. Provide two additional sheets of the same size.
3. Roll out your puff pastry to the dimensions of the two plates (you should get two rectangles of about 30 x 40 cm), then place them on the plates. Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Halfway through cooking, when the pasta begins to rise, place the second sheets of baking paper on top and another plate so that the pasta remains flat.
4. When your puff pastry is golden, let it rest at room temperature on a wire rack.
5. Now prepare the pastry cream. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the powdered sugar and vanilla seeds. Then add the cornstarch and whisk again.
6. Heat the milk in a saucepan, then pour it in 3 times over the previous preparation, stirring vigorously.
7. Pour everything into the saucepan and cook over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly so that the cream thickens.
8. Pour your pastry cream into a second fairly flat container, then film on contact. Place it in the refrigerator until completely chilled.
9. Meanwhile, rinse your strawberries and cut them in half.
10. Trim your puff pastry with a sharp knife to obtain rectangles of the same size.
11. Pour the pastry cream into the bowl of your food processor, then whisk it until it becomes homogeneous. Transfer everything to a piping bag and pipe it on the strips of puff pastry. Incorporate the strawberries into the cream before finishing the assembly.
Reserve your tasty strawberry mille-feuille in the fridge until serving time!