The currant pie is a gourmet dessert that is both tangy and colorful. This easy-to-make recipe will delight your taste buds during the high season of this pretty red fruit.
For a tart of about 23 cm
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 800 g currants
- 8 c. sugar
1. The day before, or a few hours before, mix the sugar with the currants in a bowl. Thus, juice will form and the currants will become less sour.
2. If you choose to make your homemade shortcrust pastry, you can follow this recipe .
3. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
4. Spread your shortcrust pastry in a pie pan, prick it, then arrange the currants and their juice in the bottom.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes.
You can serve your currant pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, for example, for even more indulgence!