The tomato/goat cheese combination is just sublime and that’s why we suggest you make a quiche with tomato and fresh goat cheese! In addition to being an easy and quick recipe, it can be eaten both cold and hot according to your preferences.
- A shortcrust pastry
- 200g flour
- 100g cold butter
- 1 half tsp. salt
- 8 cl of water
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 log of goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- Salt pepper
1. First, make the shortcrust pastry. To do this, with the sheet of your robot or by hand, work the flour with the butter and the salt in order to have a crumbly dough similar to coarse sand.
2. Form a well and pour the water. Knead (but not too much) until you get a soft dough. Wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream. Add salt and pepper.
4. Preheat your oven to 200°C. Meanwhile, roll out your dough on a floured work surface into a disk about 3 millimeters thick. Then darken it in a pie dish and prick it with a fork.
5. Rinse the tomatoes, then pat them dry. Then cut them into slices before arranging them on the bottom of the pie. Pour over the liquid preparation and finish by crumbling the fresh goat cheese.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes!
Your tomato and fresh goat cheese quiche is ready to be enjoyed!