As its name suggests, Viennese hot chocolate is a drink made from hot chocolate topped with whipped cream. Be careful, this preparation is made with real chocolate and not cocoa, which makes it even more delicious and creamy… It’s your turn to get started!
For 2 people
- 120g dark chocolate
- 40 cl whole milk
- 30 cl of cold single cream
- 2 tbsp. icing sugar
1. To start, place your bowl in the freezer where the cream will be whipped, as well as the beaters for 5 minutes. Then, pour 20 cl of liquid cream into the bowl and whisk briskly.
2. When it begins to thicken, gradually add the sifted icing sugar. The cream is ready when it forms a bird’s beak on your whisk. Book cool.
3. Now proceed to the preparation of hot chocolate. Pour the milk and the remaining 10 cl of cream into a saucepan then add the chocolate in pieces. Heat over low-medium heat, whisking regularly, until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. You can also use an immersion blender.
4. To assemble, pour the chocolate mixture into the cups and place the whipped cream on top. For this, you can help yourself with a piping bag if you want a nice assembly.
Enjoy your Viennese hot chocolate around a nice little fire!